The Python Library ROOST is a software package developed by UC3M. ROOST is a tool for robust flight planning within the currently structured airspace. The main features of ROOST are:
- Integrates horizontal and vertical decision-making
- Achieves a fast performance thanks to GPU-based parallelization
- Considers climb, cruise, and descent phases
- Incorporates uncertainty in meteorological variables, as well as initial flight time and initial flight mass.
- License: ROOST is released under GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0 (LGPLv3).
- Citation info:
- González-Arribas, D., Baneshi, F., Andrés, E., Soler, M., Jardines, A., & García-Heras, J. (2023). Fast 4D flight planning under uncertainty through parallel stochastic path simulation. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 148, 104018.
- Simorgh, A., Soler, M., González-Arribas, D., Linke, F., Lührs, B., Meuser, M. M., Dietmüller, S., Matthes, S., Yamashita, H., Yin, F., Castino, F., Grewe, V., and Baumann, S.: Robust 4D Climate Optimal Flight Planning in Structured Airspace using Parallelized Simulation on GPUs: ROOST V1.0, EGUsphere [preprint], https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-2022-1010, 2022.
- Support: Support of all general technical questions on ROOST, i.e., installation, application, and development, will be provided by Daniel González Arribas and Abolfazl Simorgh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Core developer team: Daniel González Arribas, Abolfazl Simorgh, Eduardo Andrés Enderiz, Manuel Soler.
Copyright (C) 2022, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid