The Aircraft Operations Lab at UC3M (https://aircraftoperationslab.com/) is a research group at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid innovating for a safer, more resilient and sustainable aviation.
AI Methods (https://www.aimethods.com/) is a cutting-edge spin-off of the research group specializing in weather and aviation technologies. Our mission is to revolutionize the industry by leveraging artificial intelligence and data-driven approaches. We are committed to providing innovative solutions that enhance safety, efficiency, and decision-making in the field of weather and aviation.
As a Data Analyst, you will play a critical role in our research and development efforts, leveraging your expertise to help us extract insights, identify patterns, and optimize our weather and aviation-related systems. In addition to your regular responsibilities, we are thrilled to offer an internship opportunity that can be combined with your final Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis at the Aircraft Operations Lab at UC3M. This unique collaboration will allow you to work closely with both our team and the academic experts, bridging the gap between industry and academia.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze large and complex datasets related to weather and aviation.
- Develop and implement statistical models and machine learning algorithms to extract insights and identify patterns in the data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, test, and optimize weather and aviation-related systems.
- Develop and maintain data visualizations and dashboards that communicate key insights to stakeholders.
- Identify data quality issues and work with data engineers to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in data analysis and machine learning, including new technologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree studies in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field at Carlos III University of Madrid.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or Java.
- Programming skills in Python or R.
- Knowledge of data visualization and dashboarding tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or D3.js.
- Experience with cloud-based data storage and analytics platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- It would be a plus to have experience with data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning.
- Only candidates who are doing their bachelor’s or master’s degree final project in the UC3M are eligible for the internship.
- Successful candidates will have the chance to combine their thesis work with their role as a Data Analyst at AI Methods.
- This collaboration will provide valuable industry experience and access to cutting-edge weather and aviation technologies.
- The internship includes financial support during the thesis period.
- 15-20 hours per week.
- Salary of 400 to 550€ bruto.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and passionate team at the forefront of weather and aviation technologies.
- Opportunity to combine the internship with final bachelor or master thesis at UC3M.
- Flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Exciting projects and the chance to make a significant impact in the industry.
How to Apply: To apply for the internship opportunity at AI Methods, please send your resume, a brief cover letter, and details about your ongoing or planned final thesis to the document attached in the LinkedIn offer. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
AI Methods is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.