The Aircraft Operations Lab of the Carlos III University of Madrid (www.uc3m.es), is looking for candidates to fill 3 PhD vacancies related to the prediction of adverse weather events and climate impact using neural networks.
The successful candidates will join the Aircraft Operations Lab, within the Aero Research Group to work with Prof. Manuel Soler and Prof. Javier García-Heras.
- Develope different tasks in the recently granted National Projects STORM-ATS and Intelmet-PoC, all of them fully aligned with the PhD thesis topics.
- Teach laboratory classes/exercises and supervise student projects within the degrees and masters in Aeronautical and Space Engineering at UC3M. The teaching load (if any) would in any case be low. Information about these two degrees, taught exclusively in English, is available at aero.uc3m.es.
- Contribute to establishing a strong and internationally competitive scientific research programme.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Young MSc holder (or MSc student with 60 ECTS passed at contract’s signature) with background in Aerospace Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Control Engineering, Applied Mathematics & Statistics, Optimization, Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Environmental Sciences & Climate Change, Meteorology. Also, candidates with tracks in other disciplines but outstanding academic record are invited to apply.
- International experience: teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to deal independently with scientific and engineering challenges, mainly in innovative, interdisciplinary technologies.
- 4-year contract.
- Annual gross salary: 22000-24000€ range (salary supplements may be awarded by UC3M internal calls)
- Become part of a young, dynamic, highly qualified, collaborative team.
- Flexible working environment and schedule.
- Opportunity to travel to international conferences (Europe and overseas) and present research activities, including research stays in top universities.
- Access to the Spanish FPI scholarship (granted together with the project STORM-ATS)
- Laptop and health coverage under the National Health System.
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their expression of interest for the offered positions to email@example.com and apply to the following link with reference nº. 219.
Submission of applications is due on April 24th.